Time Management For Managers. Part 5 – SchedulingPosted by admin
Time Management For Managers. Part 1 – Objectives and planning
Time Management For Managers. Part 2 Determine work load
Time Manamenent For Managers. Part 3 – Setting Goals
Time Manamenent For Managers. Part 4 – Prioritizing
Time Management For Managers. Part 5 – Scheduling
Creating a schedule is highly important part of effective time management. Simple techniques described below will bee very useful component in managing your time at work.
It is recommended to use such kind of calendar which allows you to see the whole week, but not only one day, divided into time blocks. It is easier to work having such calendar, because it lets you see the overall picture, therefore it substantially simplifies the process of planning. Calendar shows you the deadlines coming and helps to determine tasks which are already pressing.
To get better results mark on your personal calendar the most important events, deadlines coming, meetings, also reserve some time every day for working on the blue chip objective.
Create TODO List On Everyday Basis
Writing a list of the things to be done during the day became a common tool of time management. As it was already mentioned before, one has to create this list as a part of planning session and it is very important to make sure, that this daily goals are realistic, possible to achieve. After having a list completed, prioritize your daily goals according to blue, red and white chips priority.
To improve your time management skills it is recommended to follow the advices below:
- Create only one list of tasks, because if you have more, it becomes very complicated to follow them and one can easily get lost in his own plans;
- Reserve certain amount of time for each task in your list. If as a result you get a total time around eight hours, then you have to rework this list, making it shorter;
- Start your day with working on your blue chip project and always devote the biggest amount of time for the most important tasks;
- Try to complete all tasks you have planned for a day and start each new day with planning session, creating a new TODO list;
- Creating a plan, it is very important to stay flexible. The biggest mistake a lot of people do is to plan work for each minute of the day. But you will likely be interrupted by other people or external events which you do not control. It means you will not be able to accomplish your plan. More over don’t forget to include in you daily plan the time for breaks, lunch and some unexpected events which may happen in the office.
- It is better to work on blue chip goal for 15 minutes and complete a small part of it, then to have a white chip task completely accomplished. When you have some time, don’t waste it, devote this time to objectives with higher priorities. It is not about amount of tasks done, but about their importance.
Prioritizing makes you free, every time you do something you can be confident that you don’t waste your time.
Sponsored Link: for real estate investors, realtors and home buyers, if you are searching for Ca foreclosures or Ca condos, watch this new website with free California REO homes listings: www.CaReoSearch.com.